Saturday, October 22, 2011

Snapshots of Sherwin - Album 2

The usual him texted me last night asking me his usual question: "Gcing k p?"

I texted back and pretended that I still lived in the same house - that I could ask him to come over and sleep with me.

"Oo. Bakit?"

"Bored ako. Haha."

That was his signal. I shouldn't have asked the obvious. What should I expect? Our past encounters were as predictable as a prime time telenovela. We text, meet, sleep, then split in the morning.

"Tulog na ba si Jimmy?"

As if it mattered. Jimmy knew what we were doing: our affair and how scary was the pending disaster that his frat discovers his escapades.

It wouldn't hurt for Jimmy to be awake while we did it. I always asked Jimmy to stay in his room during our previous meetups.

However...

The above would have been the case if I was still staying in the same house in Diliman as Jimmy. I moved out a month ago to a place near work. Now I live along Boni Ave. in a small boarding house sharing a room with three other men. It's unlikely I'd ask him over.

As if I could peek into Jimmy's room to verify, I told him, "Oo. Tulog na siya."

...

"Pero may pasok pa ko bukas eh. Kelangan ko na matulog."

Frustrating each other was the hardest part. I indeed wanted to have him in my arms that night.

He didn't reply after.

So a simple chat won't satisfy him that night instead.

I put down my phone, snuggled under the sheets, and shunned every emotion that might have emerged from that thought.

Had to reserve energy for work tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment