Saturday, October 22, 2011

Guitar Luvin'

It's been a while since I had some guitar luvin' and damn, did I miss my precious Red Baron's sweet voice.

That's right. My guitar is named Red Baron. I bet you give names to your precious things too.

Prior to moving to Boni, I spent most of my nights waiting for hours in the bus drowning in the thick EDSA traffic. And when I finally resurface in Diliman, I drop dead asleep on my bed or drop by Sarah's for beer.

Well now, it's different. It just takes me fifteen minutes to get out of the office and back to the boarding house where I'm currently staying. There's no Sarah's nearby so I'm forced to stay at home. There's no Jimmy nor Jade to whom I can share about my day in the office. Just me and my time.

Then I remembered an old friend that used to keep me company for hours back in my lonely dormitory days. An old friend that responded to my touch with beautiful melodies that ranged from the angry to the amorous.
Oh Red Baron, I'm so sorry for leaving you alone in that dark..dirty...small..uhmm.. dirty?...dirteh, dusty bag.

I wiped my baby clean and bought him a new set of strings and picks. And to aid him are a new strap and a new capo.

Have to make up for the lost time.

"Red, remember the first song we played together?"






3 comments: