Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hell is Empty and All the Demons Are Here


Hell is empty and all the demons are here. 
They all broke loose and 
Scattered across all seas. 
One caught my eye 
And stayed for a while. 
A blue eyed devil that
Stole the light from my eyes.
I looked deep into him and only found darkness.
A familiar darkness that once filled me with sadness
Dum de dum and so I hummed
As we both took turns in beating the drum.
At night I came and in the morning I left.
The blue eyed devil, my heart, he committed theft.
I came back from time to time
Because in each other's arms it was sublime
But it wasn't forever
And eventually I'll shiver.
So I have to leave while there is still
A hint of light that his darkness filled.
I can't look back, no I can't.
This is my old story, repeat I shan't.
I remember a time and the memories are vague.
When once hell emptied and then I craved.
The company of someone grotesque yet I found hard to elude,
But yet somehow with the demon, I found solitude.
I'm leaving while I can and while I can still see
Because my other eye he didn't catch, so to speak.
Eventually that darkness will wear off and he will never ever be
The same fugitive - The same blue eyed devil
That caught my eye and 
Stayed for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment